



This morning we did conservation work out on the reserve. My group did grass slashing. Tiring work on the back, arms, and hands! We got a lot done though which is great to see. It was a nice day out so I took some time to relax in the sun. This evening I went with one other photographer on the researcher truck. We had another great drive! We started the drive off by finding Mufasa and Savanna laying together. Then she starting doing a wild call for the cubs ( I got a video!). Then they walked down to the watering hole and I got a photo of them drinking water, my Lion King shot! They then walked further down the road and perched themselves up on the side of the road for another photo opp! After them we saw Tulani, the oldest bull elephant! Next was the whole heard of elephant as the sun set. They were so close to the truck! I took more videos of this too! On the way back we stopped because Becky had to pee…I told our guide I was getting out too, but I was in the back of the truck…so mid pee, he started to drive away! Thank goodness he didn’t drive in reverse! We then came upon a group of 5 or so giraffe running on the path in the dark, such majestic creatures! Oh and I also saw one firefly!
How cool a "Lion King" sighting! It is incredible to see so close up!
ReplyDelete