Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 7

I slept good last night. I sprayed bugspray all over my bed and myself. We saw elelphant, lion, cheetah, and finally giraffe this morning! There were 3 giraffe, the lighting was kind of harsh which made it difficult to photography them but I was so so happy! We had more photo class and then took a 45 minute drive to a part of the reserve called Kingsland(section of land that they are ‘borrowing’ from the King for 200 years) to watch the sun set and take landscape photos. It was a little cloudy but fun to walk around the top of the mountain in chest high grass! No ticks yet! On our way back there was a giraffe running along our path and met up with 4 other giraffe. Such a graceful sight to see a giraffe running.

3 comments:

  1. Just amazing pictures Shannon!

    ReplyDelete

  2. GREAT TO SEE YOU ON THE COMPUTER TODAY. I THINK OF YOU ALL THE TIME
    AND AM GLAD YOU ARE ENJOYING AFRICA.

    LOVE, GRANDMA & GRANDPA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for bug spray!! AWESOME photos, Shannon :).

    ReplyDelete