Sunday, February 10, 2013

February 4

It was a hot night for sleeping. I slept on and off. There was some thunder around midnight that was very calming because it rolled through the hills. There was no running water yet so no shower. When my roomie got up to go on her game drive, I got up to go to the bathroom and there was a cricket in my bed! I tightened my net a bit! We had a safety and photo introduction before lunch. Then our photojournalist, Paul, came to begin our week photography course. We took our first game drive this evening at 4:30. It was misty at first. We found some elephant. They were eating and on the move to escape the wind. We had to chase them off the trail. It is spider season, so we were constantly ducking to dodge the massive spiders and their webs. They can create webs that span 30 feet across a path. We saw a jackal as it got dark while we drove in.

2 comments:

  1. Nice elephant shots :)
    I want to see these huge spider webs. See photos that is

    ReplyDelete