Sunday, February 10, 2013
February 6
Last nights sleep was not the best. At almost midnight I heard a loud flapping noise in the curtain above my bed. It was hitting against the window and making loud biting sounds. It fell down and slammed against our nightstand. I turned my torch on to see what it was and it came onto my canopy. It was a massive beetle. About 5 inches long. It started crawling between the small crack in my canopy and I started wacking it with my water bottle which made it latch on tighter. I was up for a while flipping my light on to see if it had crawled away yet! We had our first morning game drive. We saw cheetah, hyena, lion, zebra, impala, and buffalo. The rest of the day was all photo class with Paul. We painted with light this evening outside. I tried to take some lightening shots as well, only got one crummy picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







What no picture of the gigantic beetle...too bad for us! Love all the pictures!!
ReplyDeleteI really like the lion pictures! :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHaha, I was hoping for a photo of the gigantic beetle like your mom! Oh well, maybe next time, although I hope there isn't a next time for your sake, Shannon :). All of your photos are AMAZING!! I am so glad you are having so much fun!
ReplyDeleteYeah you really dropped the ball with the no beetle pic. Although the growling cheetah/leopard makes up for it. Whats the difference between the two? find out please.
ReplyDeleteBy they way very nice pictures. I am presuming that you used a telephoto lens (or a former colleague)to get the up close picture of mama lion and her cubs.
ReplyDeleteUncle Jeff
Hi Shannon : i was looking at some of your reports and pictures from Africa. It looks very interesting. You are learning a lot about photography and animals. I hope you adapt to all the changing weather patterns. Getting a cricket and gigantic beetle in you room must have made you jump. You are a brave one! I like the pictures of the lions, elephants and all the wild life. Now after you get home you can give talks on your African safari. Yes, watch out for the cheetah. Hope the rest of your trip goes well. Pap Pap Mark in Altoona, Pa.
ReplyDeleteHey Shannon, at least when you get home the bugs in CT and Boston are going to look so tame, right?! Wow, your photos are fabulous.
ReplyDelete