Saturday, February 16, 2013

Feb 14

Happy Valentines Day! This morning we did the conservation project again. I was getting pretty good with the saw. I’m going to have some big muscles when I get home. One of the volunteers hasn’t been doing well with the accommodations here, she had a melt down during our tree cutting and is going home now. :/ My tough skin from my sunburn has started to not allow me to sweat and it is bubbling up! I also twisted my ankle today, it is walkable, just sore. And I had to have some major surgery on my back to get a thorn out! We took our first quiz today. The photographers against the researchers. The photographers won! We went on a shorter game drive tonight and stopped at the top of a hill to watch the sunset and have sundowners (alcoholic drinks). When we got back there were chocolate muffins, cookies, and we had chocolate cake!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Photographers in the quiz.. saw that on FB. Sorry you have my fair skin and ended up with quite the sunburn. Keep putting on the sunscreen!!! All that chocolate sounds like a nice treat for valentines day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that your sunburn is feeling better, Shannon :). Lots of chocolate on Valentine's Day, YUM!!

    ReplyDelete